Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Savage Fairy Dust

I think every lacquerista can attest - glitter is the easiest and quickest form of nail art. 
If you're in a bind for time and your nails are looking blah, glitter it up! 
Last night, I was feeling pretty tired, but I didn't want to go to bed with naked nails, so I threw this look together. I had been dying to try some of my new polishes anyway.

Click the pictures to enlarge them and see all that shiny goodness.

The teal is Sinful Colors Savage - one of my 99 cent Walgreens purchases - and the glitter is China Glaze Fairy Dust. Not only is the pairing beautiful, but it was also fast, cheap, and easy - just how I like my women. Wait, what?

Now, I certainly wouldn't call Savage a neon, but it must have some neon pigment in there somewhere, because it dried matte. I love little surprises like that. The formula was great - not streaky or overly thick - and it dried really quickly. 

Here's a mandatory out-of-focus holo shot.


And then, to bring Savage back to its original state, I added Hard Candy Matte-ly in love. 


I was a little bummed that it turned Fairy Dust into ordinary silver glitter, but I can't say I didn't expect it. I do really think this goes to show just how nice Savage is, though.

Check back in over the weekend to see the results of my nail art contest and the prizes each winner will be receiving! 

4 comments:

  1. fairy dust is basicly a staple in my stash! Ohh how i love teal np... this look is pure win all around :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome with the matte coat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got Savage during the .99 sale and I really dig it. And it looks fabulous with the subtle glitter over it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous combo, I LOVE it matte! I can't wait to see the results of your contest, there were so many amazing entries!

    ReplyDelete