Thursday, April 26, 2012

Blue Braids

Wow, it sure does feel nice having two consecutive posts again. I'm getting all giddy. c:
Silly me, though. I went and took my hardest polish to photograph and slathered it all over my nails. 


I think these pictures are about as close to color accurate as I can get. Imagine the color just a smidge more purple tone. Periwinkle the cat is a great color representation.
I used China Glaze Secret Peri-wink-le, China Glaze Frost Bite, and my gray franken, which I've decided to name Eternal Sunshine. You may be able to see a pink shimmer to it, if you enlarge the pictures. I'm still working on it.



I've been messing around with different art recently, trying to find what looks best on short nails vs. long. As it  turns out, a nice fishtail braid works well in any shape, length, or color. And it's so easy to do. You can find a tutorial under my tutorials tab, if you'd like to give it a try! You can always use the design for an accent nail, as I did, and then enter it in my nail art contest, but hurry! There are only three days left!

6 comments:

  1. Looks great! I love the monochrome color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! This is still one of your tutorials I want to try doing myself. I just love how those braids look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute! I absolutely hate how purple always photographs blue... It's such a pain to doctor the pic up to show the true color.
    I'll pretend for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that design and color combination. well done!

    ReplyDelete