Sunday, February 26, 2012

You're My Satellite

I have something very exciting to show you today! 
I don't even know how to introduce it to you guys, so I'll let it speak for itself.



I can't get over the shimmer. Isn't it a beautiful blue?
Well, I made it! 
You're My Satellite is my very first franken! It's a deep cobalt color with a subtle teal shimmer. I made it using old, crushed eye shadow and Sally Hansen Hard as Nails clear. It's pretty sheer, even after I darkened it with black. Pictured is four coats, though three brought it to opacity. 



The color reminds me of a night sky. I think it'd be great for a galaxy nails base. The name is a lyric from a Guster song, and I think if you have a listen, you'll know why I chose it.

What do you think of my first franken polish? Feel free to leave a comment and let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Seeing your excitement at this stuff and how good it all looks makes me want to paint my nails too, but then I remember how completely weird that would be, so I don't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I read this blog the other day called One Gent's Ten or something, and he had a big long post about how if guys wanted to wear nail polish, the only thing stopping them was themselves. It was pretty interesting.

      And thank you. :)

      Delete