Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Girly-Girl Challenge Day Three: Delicate and Elegant

I'm posting this week's first challenge a day early, I hope that's alright. 
I was playing around with my new matte top coat and I came up with the perfect delicate design. I was going to keep it until tomorrow, but I was just too excited to share it with you.



You can't get much more delicate than soft matte flakies and lace. 
I've seen a lot of beautiful free-handed lace around the blogosphere, but I've always marveled at actual lace placed on the nail. I don't have lace to spare, so I tried to recreate the look. 

The french look is Essie Ballet Slippers, China Glaze Ruby Pumps, and Essie Shine of the Times.
On the accent nail is Essie Blanc and Revlon Red.
I topped everything off with one coat of Hard Candy Matte-ly In Love, which is quite the accurate title, because I adore this top coat.

If you want to see more delicate and elegant manis, check out these lovely lacqueristas.

4 comments: