Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Rainbow IS the Pot of Gold

I don't exactly have a St. Patrick's Day mani for you guys, but I do have rainbow glitter and a story about a gold-themed scratch card, so we'll make due!

In yesterday's post, I mentioned that my boyfriend and I woke up and did laundry straight away. We have a running tradition of doing those scratch off lottery cards while we're waiting - bingo, specifically. Typically we lose, or at the most, break even, but it's no big deal because it passes the time.  Well, yesterday, I won forty bucks! Of course, we had to run to Walmart right away and buy polish. And my boyfriend, he's such a trooper, stood there patiently (okay, maybe not) while I picked these two colors out. 

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Nude Now and Nicole for OPI Rainbow In The S-Kylie 

Nude Now is pretty close to being my mannequin hands color, but it's slightly more rosy. It's got a nice secret shimmer to it that I think the camera captured quite well. 

I picked up Rainbow In The S-Kylie because I've come to terms with the fact that I'll probably never have Rainbow Connection. The good news is, they're essentially exact dupes, but the brush and bottle shape is a better quality with OPI than Nicole. 

With these polishes and a small thing for the SO, I spent about twenty of the forty. What did I do with the other half? I took the chance to pick up my absolute biggest lemming - Man Glaze Lesbihonest! I figured if anything would justify the eighteen dollars with shipping, forty dollars out of no where would. I'm not having buyers remorse yet, just impatience, waiting for it to get here! 

Stay safe this holiday weekend. C:

No comments:

Post a Comment